Saturday 1 September 2007

BARROW-IN-FURNESS: Memorial walk is spoiled by yobs

Memorial walk is spoiled by yobs

ON Friday August 17, I was privileged to do a sponsored walk for St Mary’s Hospice.

It was called a “moonlit walk to remember”.

It was an all-female event and the atmosphere was great, despite in initial downpour.

We had lots of encouragement from passing traffic pipping their horns and people walking along our route.

I was very proud of my teenage daughter, who chose to do the 11km walk with me in memory of her grandad who died of cancer four years ago.

Close to the finish of our walk a pair of teenage boys in a bedroom window found it amusing to throw missiles at us below, including a glass bottle which smashed at our feet!

I feel that this was a very cowardly attack on a group of women and young girls in the dark.

I wonder, will your mothers be proud of you?

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=536304

No comments: